Here are a few simple best practices for submitting your art to the various Beyond Good & Evil art projects. Following these guidelines will ensure that your art can be remixed and built on by other artists, and ultimately used as assets in the game.
1. Filetype: Please work in the RGB colorspace (not CMYK) and save your finished artwork as PNG files.
2. Transparency: If your artwork has transparent areas (for instance, areas of a mural or graffiti where you should be able to see the brick wall beneath) please make sure you save your PNG with transparency turned on and without a white background layer underneath your art.
3. Layers, layers, layers! It’s important that you upload not only your finished artwork (as a flat PNG) but that you also upload your working files with all the various layers unflattened (for instance, a Photoshop or Illustrator file). This allows other artists to download your source files, remix, and build upon your contributions.
4. Typography: Please leave your type layers editable — don’t outline them (in Illustrator) or rasterize them (in Photoshop).
5. Size: We need a minimum of 4096 pixels wide or tall (measured on the longer edge,depending on the orientation of your work). This will ensure we have enough clarity and resolution to use in the game without losing quality or detail.
6. Pay attention to the color palette and tone of the images in the project highlights. This will ensure that your work will meld into the world of the game.
Created: Jun 11, 2018Document Media