1. Who are you and what do you do? Hi, I’m Alaa. I am currently studying graphic design after deciding to start afresh and follow my heart. Other things I do are: surf the net, find inspiration, make love-phonecalls, baby-talk to my cat, look at things, recycle things, make things.. from crafts to cooking to jotting things down etc. 2. What's the origin of your artist name? It's simply a bit of wordplay merging my name and the name of an animal with similar interests (sleep, food...;P) 3. What has been your biggest challenge with your art so far? Finding my language.One always has so many things to say and you have to try out so many ways to say them...until you find the one that fits u. I havent found mine yet i think. And maybe that is the fun part. 4. Who or what is your biggest influence? I guess my mom and dad were quite creative but I believe that i find a bit of inspiration everywhere ...i just love people who confidently do their own thing and dont let people tell them it's useless or "you cant make money with that". 5. What is your wildest story? Pooh...in retrospect it is probably leaving the world i lived in all alone to live in a new country and culture. At least to others it seems to be wild and scary. But I guess i have quite a calm and harmonious lifestyle. How boring ;P I don't consider it a great thing to get drunk and do stupid things bcs of that...Im waiting for that big achievement that will fulfillme , or fill me with more hunger :) 6. What is the last book you read? Craft INC. How to turn your hobby into a business. No, it's not a novel :) 7. If you could be any character in fiction, who would you be? Alice in wonderland. 8. What couldn’t you live without? I like to think that people adapt to all sorts of situations but I can mention things that make my life a lot more worthwhile: My partner (i did live without him for quite a long time and sometimes i might take him for granted but i think without that rock in my life i wouldn't spread my wings out very far). Coffee :) Animals, art, colors, smiles, lovely people, sunshine and my silly optimism. 9. What is your secret talent? i grow hair quickly? ;) or my gut-feeling.
10. Tell me about the last dream you remember having?
I had a few dreams lately that i cant reconstruct the details of ...but i did dream of my father who recently passed away. i told him I love him and he said that was good to hear <3
11. What are you craving right now?
food. i wish i knew what exactly.
12. What was the last song you fell in love with?
tschaikowsky's piano concert probably.
13. Can you hula hoop?
at the age of 26 i actually bought a hula hoop (but had to leave it behind when I moved). So if you consider a couple of minutes of clumsy hipswivvels hulahooping, then yes i can ;P
14. What do you like?
making something, finishing something, peace of mind, breakfast, meeting interesting people, dancing alone in the room;P, trees, dreams, freedom, being a bit like a kid.
15. What do you dislike?
feeling small, making a fool of myself (which happens a lot), bitterness, superficiality, excessive consumerism and materialism, arrogance, jealousy, bossiness and people who behave like they're the centre of the earth.
16. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given?
your first duty is to make yourself happy. Only then can u move on to others.
17. How and why did you start RECording?
Generally speaking (and like almost everyone here) i've been creating, crafting, writing, doodling, thinking all my life. Specifically speaking, Gwy told me about hitrecord.org and i got curious. i've only been here a few days :). So thank you Gwydii :) And thanks Moisanom for this brilliant idea, i do love knwing WHO made something. It's like a work of art is more complete when u know a bit about the creator!
Created: Feb 14, 2011KoAlaa Document Media