1. I do believe in fairies.
2. I absolutely do not understand the fascination with Bieber.
3. But then, I like Ke$ha.
4. Despite the fact that I don't generally care, I don't tell people that I've been professionally writing very often. It sounds braggy. But, yeah. I write romance and I have for 4 years.
5. And though I write romance, I have no belief whatsoever in happily ever after. Therefore, I do not believe in nor do I think anyone can validate Valentine's Day.
6. I do believe it's possible to be happy with someone for years on end. Just be realistic - some days you're gonna hate that person.
7. I can only eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches if I microwave them first.
8. I have the notorious ability to be attracted to potheads, even if I have no idea that they smoke.
9. I talk with my hands and touch a lot. In immediate contrast though, I do not like to be touched if I haven't mentally accepted you into my space. I don't recommend you do it. I have fast fists and faster feet.
10. I am infamous for my ability to make numerous new friends in a crowd. But I'm the most anti-social person you'll ever meet.
11. In yet another contradiction though, I like to talk to people online. But not on my phone.
12. I know more about BDSM, kink and fetish than most people will probably ever know. And I'm okay with that.
13. I was engaged when I was 16.
14. I've been in a long distance relationship. A very long distance.
15. I smoked cigs when I lived in Vegas. Every now and then, I steal a friend's menthol (I like the minty taste) and blow smoke out without inhaling. I prefer hookah though.
16. When I moved to Vegas, I was in a car crash. I was going too fast and it started to rain. The wind kicked up and I ended up smashing into the back end of a semi truck. Suffice to say, I no longer have that car.
17. Unlike most, you know I like you if I'm freely sarcastic and snarky around you. When I am at my most polite and proper is when I am the angriest.
18. I use pet names like they're going out of style.
19. I have the appetite of a 5 year old. I like anything I can eat with my hands.
20. I do not like vegetables. At all.
21. I really like nicknames but I kinda have a system for them. Nicole is my name, family only. Nikki is what I used for everything internet but then it somehow spilled into real life, so close friends get that. This is a flexible rule. Sometimes, I just get introduced as that. Z is my writer name. Scarlet is hR and aeb has gotten folks to call me Scar :)
22. Until I joined hR in Dec. 2010, I hadn't written a poem in 5 years. I write them almost daily now.
23. Tiny stories saved my sanity. I thought I couldn't write anymore and was starting to quietly lose my mind.
24. I genuinely love words. Bad ones, good ones, slang, proper, synonyms, anagrams. Word searches are my paradise.
25. Everything I've ever written as been dedicated in some way to somebody. Even if it's just to me and whatever situation I have going on at the time.
Created: Feb 14, 2011Scarlet Document Media