1. Who are you and what do you do?
I’m Estie van der Merwe (Hester Sophia, middle names) Born 24 October 1990. I am a third year student in Chartered Accountancy at North West University in South Africa.
2. What is the origin of your artist name?
My middle names, I don’t have any applicable alias’s.
3. What has been your biggest challenge with your art so far?
Ideas having the habit of attacking me all at once.
4. Who or what is your biggest influence?
5. What is your wildest story?
I strangely enjoy doing things out of my comfort zone, so I try to make a lot of things thrilling even though they might seem mundane… But I still think having mopani worms ( an African delicacy, prepared over a fire) with tequila is quite up there. The batch I had tasted like hollow twigs, by the way.
6. What is the last book you read?
What was it? Hmmm… Readers Digest Book of Facts circa 1989. Didn’t read the whole thing though. Found it lying around.
7. If you could be any character in fiction, who would you be?
8. What couldn't you live without?
Laughing, a lot. So much at times that you have to cover your mouth to stop.
9. What is your secret talent?
... my secrets are to be kept, when I prefer to keep them to myself…
10. Tell me about the last dream you remember having?
I probably had three dreams in one evening. One of the most memorable parts was when I was dancing high up in the air over a stage of water, I noticed what I was doing where after my ballet movements got closer and in touch with the water. I tried to act cool and made it part of the repertoire.
11. What are you craving right now?
A rose martini….
12. What was the last song you fell in love with?
A song from a Hitrecord artist(s)! Progress Report ft. Mayaeni – I’m Your’s. Oh my!
13. Can you hula hoop?
While booty shakin’ on the Wii fit, I can.
14. What do you like?
People who have the guts to initiate.
15. What do you dislike?
A traditional Dutch confectionary, a very salty liquoricy ‘sweet’. Yuck…
At least that’s something I dislike that I can choose to have or not. Other dislikes are usually unavoidable formalities in life.
16. What's the best piece of advice you've been given?
To not always assume the worst in peoples actions. To leave ambiguity be when unimportant.
17. How and why did you start RECording?
I started drawing on my brothers Lego castle, walls, luckily I moved on to a medium that doesn’t upset people.
I don’t know why I started then, I just liked sharing pretty thoughts. That’s why Hitrecord is so wonderful!!!
Created: Feb 06, 2011h.s. Document Media