INT. THE HALLWAY - (MONTAGE)
- JOE and FELIX strut through the hallway with attitude as if they have theme music.
- Joe places his WATCH hand causally on multiple apartment DOORS; each creating a LETTERBOX.
- Felix flicks her hair before stabbing a MINION in the eye with a METAL DRUMSTICK; Joe gives her a 'thumbs up'.
- Joe and Felix click their fingers in sync mid strut as if they can hear the music.
- Felix offers Joe a high five with her left hand, Joe points to her right hand, she refuses to offer him her right hand, Joe shakes his head opting out of the high five.
- Joe tosses his HAT behind him without looking - it knocks out all attacking minions simultaneously before returning to his hand.
- Felix slides multiple METAL GUITAR PICS out of her left hand like she's making it 'rain' at a go go bar, while on the back of Joe's bicycle; he laughs heartily as minions slip over and impale themselves on their own WEAPONS.
- Joe breaks out into a full dance routine; Felix 'washes her hands' of this ending the strut.
END OF MONTAGE
INT. THE HALLWAY/EVIL APARTMENT - NIGHT
Felix is sat on a WINDOWSILL playing a NEON GUITAR; Joe admires her skill while waiting for a LETTER to fly from his SATCHEL to the non existent letterbox.
Felix feels Joe's eyes on her and allows the guitar to evaporate.
JOE: I didn't mean to stare... You're good.
FELIX: You sound surprised.
JOE: (smiles) Don't get defensive.
FELIX: Don't act like you know me then.
Joe grins not taking Felix's words to heart; its then he realises there's no letterbox.
FELIX: What is?
JOE: That you haven't told me how you died yet.
FELIX: Why is there no letterbox?
JOE: At least explain the hand thing.
Felix grabs Joe's watch hand studying it; the hands on the watch are circling at rapid speed.
FELIX: We gotta go.
JOE: Wow, you will do anything to avoid talking about yourself.
FELIX: How about you focus instead of trying to flirt with me.
JOE: (Unimpressed) I don't do kids.
FELIX: I'm not a kid.
BLACK MIST crawls out from under the door; unbeknown to Joe and Felix.
JOE: Well, I wouldn't know, I don't know anything about you. Don't even know if I can trust you.
The mist circles their ankles.
FELIX: I've more than proven my loyal to this cause.
JOE: Yeah, loyalty to what you want, doesn't mean loyalty to me.
The mist starts to create cracks in the floor underneath them.
FELIX: Why would I be loyal to you? You're a means to an end...
JOE: Oh stop with the tough guy act. You need me way more than I need...
The ground gives way; Joe and Felix fall several feet.
INT. THE ELEVATOR - CONTINUOUS
Joe and Felix land on the floor of the elevator; unconscious.
THE ATTENDANT leans over them with a sneer.
THE ATTENDANT: (to himself) I thought they'd never shut up.
INT. DL's PENTHOUSE - CONTINUOUS
Lush exquisite taste from round the globe fills the space; Joe unconscious strapped to a DENTIST'S CHAIR looks out of place. Joe wakes to see a man wearing a SMOKING JACKET sucking on a CIGAR staring at him; his face softens when he realises Joe is awake.
Joe begins to struggle, trying to free himself from his RESTRAINTS.
DL: Best you save your strength, you've not eaten I'll imagine. But I can take care of that.
JOE: I don't know who you are, but you better let me go if...
DL: Why of course where are my manners; The Dark Landlord at your service, but you can call me DL.
END OF EPISODE FIVE
Created: Jun 15, 2017LatteSundae Document Media