The Late Show on hitRECord
A bear in an old button down suit walks out onto the stage. This is Mr. Bear. He stops on his mark on the floor in front of the camera. The crowd cheers and he rocks on his heels. Mr. Bear motions for the crowd to die down.
Mr. Bear: How is everyone tonight? *cheers* Big week in the news. Big week.
- Apparently Glenn Beck and Bill O’Reilly will soon join forces for an upcoming podcast. The show is said to be similar to Serial, except here the crimes against women will happen during the actual show.
- And this one is interesting. There’s a new book out called, “Aliens: The World’s Leading Scientists on the Search for Extraterrestrial Life.” In it one astrobiologist claims that aliens almost certainly wouldn't want to have sex with us. Another claims that if aliens exist, they probably wouldn't travel here at all. So any way it goes we don't have to worry about any aliens coming.
- A recent study examined how attractive women find beards, suggesting that when looking for commitment they gravitate towards men with fuller facial hair. The attraction was even stronger among gay men. The preference for thick beards was so strong that almost all the subjects preferred playing with a dog to any and all dating.
- Did you see this one? After meeting with the Senate, Trump agreed to make some changes to his healthcare bill. He unveiled the amendment today, which was just a DVD copy of the movie The Purge.
- After a complaint from Theresa May, Trump vowed to find those who leak information in his government. But historically Trump hasn’t had a problem with leaks as long as they were leaked towards, sometimes on, him.
- A new orbiter, named Juno, arrived at the planet Jupiter this month. The device is sending back new data, including photos of the poles as well as of Jupiter’s ring. After decades of photos of the planet’s famous Red Spot scientists are sending a craft to the North in hopes of catching a glimpse of the planet’s more elusive, Bald Spot.
- Apparently many older retired women are now turning to growing marijuana to generate extra income. The women also report that it really helps get their grand kids out to visit, too.
- ISIS recruiters are reportedly copying scenes from Hollywood blockbusters to make their recruitment videos more cinematic. To which one ISIS fighter lamented, “See that's the problem, everything's a remake these days."
- Iran has cancelled its space program, scrapping plans to put a man in orbit by the end of the decade. A government rep explained, “With the way things are going, we can’t spare the rockets.”
We got a great show tonight! Stay tuned after the break!
Created: Jun 02, 2017