Jestferlaffs – Interview October 16 2010 1. Who are you and what do you do? I am Matthew, I am the Director of Sales at a Hotel in Vancouver BC Canada, I am married to a beautiful woman who supports my recent foray into photography. I have two boys, Ben who is 21 and Simon who is 16
2. What's the origin of your artist name? A few years back I had an improv comedy troop and we called ourselves “Jest Fer Laffs”, we had a great deal of fun with it and even made a bit of money at it, but we mostly had fun
3. What has been your biggest challenge with your art so far? My biggest challenge right now is I don’t have a camera so its hard to take pictures, I know Christmas is coming, but… The ext biggest challenge would be seeing beautiful things to photograph and not having a camera.
4. Who or what is your biggest influence? I actually take my influence to post photographs from my family, they all support the activity.
5. What is your wildest story? I don’t have a wild story, but a few years back when my mom still had a memory and was able to get out and about, she had a plan. We are a big family with 7 kids and several grandkids. Mom wanted to provide a meal for the people in town who were alone at Christmas, so for 4 years in a row we hosted Christmas dinner at the church hall and fed about 50 people. It was a really nice thing to do.
6. What is the last book you read? Freakanomics, love that book…
7. If you could be any character in fiction, who would you be? I already am a character in fiction otherwise I would be Spiderman
8. What couldn’t you live without? I could not live without a warm caring group of friends and family.
9. What is your secret talent? What is my secret talent? Well if I tell you all, you have to keep it a secret or everyone will find out…, my secret talent is I can do somersaults in the nude without injuring myself.
10. Tell me about the last dream you remember having? I think I was summer saulting with clothes on, kinda boring really.
11. What are you craving right now? Breakfast cereal Mini Wheats.
12. What was the last song you fell in love with? “Mary had a little lamb” Love me some rack of lamb.
13. Can you hula hoop? I can hoola hoop poorly.
14. What do you like? Hockey games and sitting close to my sweety, and I like commuting with my wife.
15. What do you dislike? I have a hard time with people who deflect and do not take responsibility for their actions.
16. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given? Keep smiling
17. How and why did you start RECording? I was home sick one day and I stumbled upon it and nary a day goes by now that I don’t look at it. I started to put some pictures online and the fact that they were being looked at almost immediately and people would actually discuss or provide feedback was incredible to me.
Created: Oct 15, 2010Document Media