Timothy Dark collab >
Write Short Skits for the episode RE: The Dark - Writing
Timothy Darks Character Notes
- Hello everyone! I wanted to take a moment and write a list of some key features I imagine for Timothy Darks character. These are simply my own interpretations of Timothy Dark.
- He is aged somewhere between 9-13. I believe his youth will add a heavier contrast between the purity and innocence of his classmates, and himself. Vs. The teenage years where everyone around him would be much less innocent, and pure. Curses teenage angst!
- He wears what he wears, says what he says, and acts like he does, because this is how he is comfortable. He is unaware of his own creepiness, and doesn't see himself different from the other children.
- He is not evil in anyway. He simply has no filter to his own thoughts, and acts on impulse. Which tends to look very very dark, and spooky to others. Although in some cases he may hurt things (bugs, animals, etc.) he takes no joy out of doing so, and instead see's it more as a necessity, or helpful.
- He is incredibly naive. He believes everything he is told to be factual. In fact, as dark as he is, he believes in the good in people. His perception of good is just a bit off.
- He wants to make friends with everyone. He quickly believes people are his friends. Even bullies.
- That being said. He has no friends. Everyone is afraid of him, or afraid of what he might be. If not afraid, they think him too weird to be close to. Isolated, but not lonely. I do enjoy the idea of having a stalker girl though, but a girlfriend takes away from his character (in my opinion)
- I think he should look creepy, I love love love Taylor Dolans drawings, the first one in particular.
Although I do like the idea of him looking normal with slight differences than the other kids, I think he would come off looking more like a trouble maker, which he is not. or at least, he does not intend to be.
- I would like to play on the fact that Timothy Dark would be the best friend you've ever had. He won't ever let you down, and he will always stand up for you. It's just that no one gives him that chance.
- again I can not stress enough. He is not evil and he doesn't want to hurt things. He either, doesn't realize what he is doing is wrong, or that it's hurting something or someone. But not evil.
- He thinks he is like everyone else, and he thinks everyone else is like him.
- needless to be said but said still it shall! (?) Timothy Dark loves dark things. Not because he thinks it creeps other people out, not because he thinks it's cool, but because that's where he is comfortable. He thinks everything is 10 times more beautiful at night. He prefers the rain to the sun. He enjoys the feeling he gets from scary movies, he enjoys the way dead bugs look. He enjoys it. He does not use these things against anyone, but instead tries to introduce them.
- Just keep in mind, Timothy Dark not only wants to be your friend, but he believes he already is!
- I have not thought about his family, but I think I prefer them to only be mentioned and not shown, if they even exist at all. Adds more mystery
Created: May 19, 2014