First, we see…
- Int. Living Room…husband is reading a newspaper; wife is reading a novel (the couple is either middle-aged or elderly)
- Power goes out.
- the couple tries to find a flashlight; it takes them a little while.
Husband says: “It’s so dark, I think we’ll need a flashlight to find a flashlight.”
- wife lights candles, instead
- the couple enjoy a quiet evening without any electrical distractions
Then, we see…
- a young couple, in their 20s or 30s, is sitting in the kitchen, directly seated from each other.
- both are typing texts on their cell phones; their eyes are glued to the screens
- the power goes out
- female says, “Honey, I think the power just went out.”
- male replies, “Yeah…It’s storming.”
- female says, “Don’t you think we better find some sort of lights or something?”
- male replies, “What’s the rush?” holds up phone “I’m fully charged.”
- the two resume typing on their cell phones
NOTE: This outline is just a seed of a plant. Feel free to grow it further. ;)
Created: Apr 17, 2014RosellaWeigand Document Media