RE: New Site Features
I've got some really cool news ---> Welcome to hitRECord v5.5! :oD
It's been a long time coming, but we're super stoked to bring you a ton of NEW SITE FEATURES! All these new features are not only gonna to make it easier to contribute to our collaborative projects, but I think the RECords we make together will take a huge leap forward because of this update.
I can't wait for you guys to check out all of these new features, including:
* NEW COLLABORATIONS
- There is now a lot more directorial control for those starting Collaborations
- You can now create a Request List for specific Artists
- You can add Records from the site to your Collaboration's Reel so the community can see examples of what you're looking for
- It's now easier to contribute to Collaborations and specify what Request you are fulfilling with your contribution
- There are new ways to sort and filter contributions by Record Type, etc.
* HIDDEN RECORDS
- If you've uploaded a Record you didn't intend to or no longer like, you can now hide the Record by clicking the + Button on the Record
* COLLABORATION MATCHMAKER
- You can find Collaborations that contain Requests for your particular skills in the Matchmaker feature at the bottom of the Homepage
* FEATURED COMMENTS
- Featured Records on the Homepage will now have Featured Comments that explain why the record was featured, how the community could remix it, etc.
* NEW SITE IMPROVEMENTS
- New styling throughout the site
- Resourcing has been refined
- The Dashboard's performance has been improved
- Albums can be added to other Albums again
- Browse now includes Collaborations in keyword searches
- Bugs that the community has reported have been fixed
- And - last but not least - the site is running faster than ever before
Now that Collaborations have been redesigned, we want you to start creating new Collaborations for the community to get involved with!
Here's a guide to STARTING NEW COLLABORATIONS:
- Click the big red "REC" button and select "Start a Collaboration."
- Give your collab a title and a description, and also add an image record from the site as Cover Art
- From here you can start a Request List so the community knows exactly what you need for your collaboration.
- Example: Let's say you needed an Illustration of "a bird." Well, you'd go to the "Select Category" menu, select "Illustration" and then write in "Illustration of Bird." That way the community can see specifically what is needed from Illustrators.
- You can create Requests for the other categories in the drop-down list as well.
- Collaborations now have Reels. You can add records from the site - or highlight new contributions to the collab - that you would like to feature prominently within your Collaboration. You can also organize the order of your Reel, and add or remove records at any time.
- It's important to note you need to include at least one record in your Reel when starting a collaboration - it's recommended to record a Request Video, or write a text record, or include an audio or visual example in your Reel so the community gets a clear idea what you are looking for.
- Then just click the "Start Collab" button when you're done.
Here's how you CONTRIBUTE RECORDS TO COLLABORATIONS:
- Go to the Collab and click "Contribute."
- You can either upload a New Record or contribute an Existing Record of yours from the site.
- You will have to select a Request from the Collaboration that your contribution is fulfilling and then choose the record to contribute.
Here's how you REVISE PRE-EXISTING COLLABORATIONS TO ADD REQUEST LISTS:
- Go to the Collab and click "Revise."
- Create Request Lists so the community knows exactly how they can contribute
- Add Records from the site to your Reel to shine a spotlight on examples of what you're looking for
I'm really excited about this big update to our site!
Enjoy - and let us know what you think!
The following Public Domain clips were used:
FCP by Dr. Gory
Created: Mar 07, 2013